View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
As an American service member, I got to travel extensively throughout Europe and Asia. Great times and I never got enough. I always wanted more. I grew up wanting to go to Europe - it was the neatest thing being able to satisfy that dream.

But - I got an epiphany when I was stationed in Las Vegas, Nevada. I had gone on a tour of Hoover Dam ('cause it was there...) and while I was there, I saw all the foreign visitors from all over the world - all there to see the Hoover Dam (and probably see Las Vegas ... and maybe even the Grand Canyon if they could/had time).

It hit me - people wanted to come tour MY country with the same passion I had to go see theirs! How cool is that? I never really thought of my country as a place to travel and see - I always wanted to go elsewhere.

Long story short: Yeah, the grass is greener and ain't it neat that air travel lets us go see all this stuff?!

Oh, yeah, and you do get blasé. I live 60 minutes away from Niagara Falls and I've been there only about 5 times in my 48 years. It's just, well, there...

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote