View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I have to say that I'm not lucky enough to live very close to major architectural or cultural monuments, although we do visit Shakespeare's birthplace, Stratford, quite often. We do enjoy being able to visit some European places more readily than people from the USA might be able to; such as Rome, which is amazing; Paris, ditto; and Prague, again, a tremendous place.

However, the first thing that sprang to my mind when I read this was; "What about all the amazing places in the USA?". We have visited Yosemite, the Grand Canyon and driven up the Pacific coast from LA to San Francisco. My question would be; do people in the US get used to these sights?
I can't imagine ever getting used to seeing any of those places either, none of which we've ever been to. So I can't address what it would be like living near any of those wonderful places either. So, I guess this question could be applied to anyone fortunate to live in close proximity to places others of us only dream of visiting, all around the world.

But my daughter specifically mentioned the Eiffel Tower in our conversation.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote