View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #807
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
No. It has to do with the Windows XP USB drivers.
That's a rather bold assertion - I agree it isn't Calibre as I have been able to make the problem happen without Calibre being loaded.

The problem only reared it's head with a firmware update some time since on the Glo and I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with any other device connected that uses the same USB Mass Storage Device drivers.

My money is still on it being a Linux Mass Storage Gadget issue but it's a bit academic - Kobo won't investigate their end and I don't think Micro$oft will be interested in their bit.

Calibre or not it's always SQL activity that triggers the problem.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote