View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #31
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubemike99 View Post
Thanks so much for this info: I got all the included optware tools working fine. What I think might really powerful, though, is ipkg. The only question, though, is how compatible it is with the PW. I mean, vim and screen installed worked absolutely perfectly. However, when I tried to install python3, all its depends installed fine, but the python3 package itself hung during the "extracting data files to /" step (btw you only see this when using the ipkg -V 3 flag). Can anyone proffer any advice? I would *LOVE* python on my kindle.
Not sure why it would not, but it might simply be a space problem. There is not a lot of room on / - only spot that has room is the /mnt/us partition. And maybe something else - root is mounted readonly normally on Kindle.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote