View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #55
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Re the two list thing from CWatkinsNash. What are your reasons for maintaining two lists? Why nit just one list with clear turned off? Is it because when you sync it sends the entire list each time?
No, in my case it's because the "Kindle New" (sync) & "Christa's Books" (non-sync) serve additional functions in my overly-organized ebook universe. I'm not awake enough to clearly explain it fully, but because of that, it makes more sense for me to have both of them. One thing I am coherent enough to note is that, for example, I send the New York Times to the sync list, but I don't need it on my books list because I don't really "manage" news - just send, read, delete. So that's one example.

Also, occasionally I download a book straight from Amazon to the Kindle, and later use K4PC to put an alf'd backup copy in calibre - I know it's the same book, but the Kindle and calibre see it as a whole different animal. So in this case, it goes on my books list, but not the sync list.

So, doing it this way, the lists themselves don't require much in the way of maintenance.

Besides, since a quick perusal didn't show any duplicate/ondevice checking going on, I assumed (rightly, according to your post) it would slow down the sync, especially since I have over 900 books on my Kindle that, once I'm done organizing, will be on my book list. (Actually, I'll break it up into a smaller lists, but you get the idea.)
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote