View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 04:29 AM   #39
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Trust me, you don't want anything to do with them. I can do it much better then they can (overall).
Yes, Wolfie:

But you can't do it as cheaply, and therein lies the rub. Trust me when I tell you I am well-acquainted with this issue. I receive at least one email or Linked-In or Tweet or FB post per day, with companies in India seeking work. The biggest issue is that because the larger publishers and other humongous retailers Who Shall Not Be Named don't proof the output, the Indian companies have an extremely unrealistic view of the quality of their work. No proofing means no revision cycles, so, they think that the results are perfect! I mean, in fairness, why wouldn't they?

I assume, routinely, that these guys and the other countries like China that are coming along with cheap labor and books will finally put me out of a job, but...for the moment, we still manage to crawl along.

They're still not as bad as the guy who scammed that elderly client for $6K and put out a book that was so bad it didn't even reflow (every line was a paragraph, and he left the PDF page numbers in it), but on the other hand, they charge a lot less.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote