View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #11
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
if using calibre just be careful as each tag you create in calibre will generate a collection on the device.. personally I find it much easier to create manage and populate the collections on the device.. of course it deepens on how many books you add at one time.. I currently have a 1000 + books organized into 92 collections.. by author as it happens
As already noted, that is a lot and I applaud your hard work. I tend to be too impatient to do them manually. Did you know that you can tell calibre to use a different column(s) for collections? It's in the T1 device plugin settings. I have mine set up to use my "genre" and "list" columns only. (My "tags" field turned into a metadata dumping ground ages ago but I can't seem to bring myself to turn off tag downloading altogether.)
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote