View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #27
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Well, while reading this thread I realize it's not so bad to speak a language that is only shared by some 20 millions of people: we don't have a giant lot of writers... but books in other languages are easily translated into Dutch, and not only English books...

So I was almost shocked to hear writers as Jose Saramago, Carlos Ruiz Zafon and Karl May being called 'Authors not too many people know about'.

Want to hear a Dutch recommondation? Harry Mulish's 'De Ontdekking van de Hemel' is translated (The discovery of heaven).

The autors from Belgium I like don't have many books translated in English. (OK, there is The misfortunates' from Dimitri Verhulst. But Tom Lanoye has no English books yet.)

Last edited by AnneT; 07-26-2011 at 07:25 AM. Reason: spelling
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote