View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #24
TommyCooper
Enthusiast
TommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket Reader, CyBook, Asus EEE PC
Taylor514ce - you make some compelling arguments, especially about the cute lit-chicks. This I had not fed into my logic circuits when making my knee-jerk response. This will have to make me seriously reconsider certain aspects of my thinking on this issue.

Seriously, your points about the damage done by electonic devices and the renewability element are well made. I would like to see some in-depth and [relatively] independent studies done on the comparative overall energy usage, environmental damage and things like long term health effects of electronic devices. This may help to give a more balanced view of the arguments and help people to make more rational decisions - although with such an emotive and personal subject I'm not entirely sure this is possible. Plus there always is, as I indicated, the ever-present economic imperative to consider - which always disproportionately skews the argument.

Tommy

Last edited by TommyCooper; 03-19-2008 at 12:04 PM.
TommyCooper is offline   Reply With Quote