View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #12
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
The problem with the Nora Roberts example is that the particular example has little to do with DRM and more to do with geographic restrictions.
Yes, that was an answer speaking more to why people pirate, not specifically DRM.

Here's another geo-restriction comment from the article:
Quote:
The other thing, too, is you've got to look at where the downloads occur. If it's a North American title and the downloads occurred in Romania, I'm not that worried about it if I'm a publisher. It actually, if anything, says to me I should be moving my English language rights and my translation rights faster.
In theory, a publisher could use the data about piracy to target specific books for specific markets to make sure ebooks are made available in the places they're wanted. It's an interesting perspective.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote