View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanzhe View Post
I'm using the latest Calibre for Mac... I've tried converting to PDF and there a lot of problems...
PDF output on OS X is horribly broken. There is no ETA on a fix as the issue is with Qt (the tool kit calibre uses for PDF output). There are no plans to move to another PDF rendering engine for output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanzhe View Post
I know that the print feature in the Calibre reader is broken.
How so? It's been working fine for me on OS X. There have been reports that it's broken on Windows but I've never been able to recreate the issue on OS X. However, the ebook viewer uses a special print stylesheet so you won't get a one to one print.

I would recommend against unzipping an EPUB and printing each individual file. There can easily be over a hundred files. If you convert to HTMLZ you will have a single HTML file inside of a ZIP archive (with the extension set to .htmlz). It would be much easier to print a single file vs many.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote