View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #7
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Do you mean that it reflows PDFs now?
No. The layout remains intact. But by changing the font size, you kind of zoom in (*). Actually, that's what I prefer for PDFs. Sony 505 did this before, but with the firmware update for ePUB they've switched to reflow.
Usually, I don't read Stephen King or John Katzenbach in PDFs. Often it's "professional" documents with tables, formulas, paragraphs, ... where I prefer the original layout.
Alex really grows on me. I was quite disappointed about the lacking PDF support, especially as it wasn't mentioned in the various reviews (or maybe I've overread in my enthusiasm for getting a new gadget). But now....cool...

(*) Of course this means bigger margins for smaller font sizes.

2 Pictures: Font sizes "normal" and "huge"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00216.JPG
Views:	809
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	51577   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00217.JPG
Views:	806
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	51578  

Last edited by mgmueller; 05-14-2010 at 06:15 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote