View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Only thing you need to remember that since he is buying an apple product he will be forced to buy his music from apple as well, no shopping around. That's not possible on an ipod. Personally I avoid them like the plauge becuase of the fact that they are proprietary, in my world - the world of IT professionals the rule goes - open standards good proprietary bad. Unfortunatly that means MP3 good ipod bad.
That entire post has to rank as one of the most ill-informed I've ever seen posted on these boards.

<deep breath>

Nobody is "forced" to buy their music from Apple; you can shop around to your heart's content and buy non-DRMd MP3s from a variety of sources, including Amazon, or convert your own CDs to that format using Apple's iTunes software, or a variety of other software programs that are available for most computer platforms. If you buy music from iTunes, it will be in non-DRMd AAC format (Advanced Audio Coding) also used by Sony, Nintendo, Nokia etc.. etc.. If you find you need to play these songs on another device that only supports MP3, they are easily converted directly in iTunes or through other third-party software.
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote