View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
alfytheige
alfytheige began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Couple of questions

I'm sorry if these are really simple questions to answer but I'm not the most technically minded person and am getting myself very confused by all the different readers and formats etc.

A friend has a sony ereader and after seeing hers decided I would like to get one too.

We both like similar books would we be able to both read each others books on our ereaders or can books purchased by me only be read on my ereader? Not a huge issue if you can't but may be nice as we already share books.

If you can share books am I right in thinking I would have to get a sony too to do that (I prefer the look of the Kindle).

Can I only read books bought on amazon on a kindle or can I buy them elsewhere. I get the impression it is only amazon bought books its good for but then it lists lots of other formats on the site (sorry I'm not sure what all the formats/letters mean am still trying to work all that out)

Is the kindle easy to use. It seems to be fairly straight forward from the clips online but I can't actually go and have a go with one to see. The only ereader I have seen is my friends sony (pocket sized one) and I can't go and have a play with any other makes as they don't seem to be really stocked in shops round here

I'm very sorry for the probably obviously simple questions, I'm sure they have already been answered somewhere but seem to be having trouble finding them, I'm sure its just me. Thanks
alfytheige is offline   Reply With Quote