View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #259
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
ok. second update. first letting out the anger:
-internet explorer is slow and sucks with videos. And there's no really a list for bookmarks just a horizontal list of icons which with time will grow to painful lights. Also it cannot be customized at all.
-the mail app is just a shame. The list has no end.Slow. No global inbox. Not possible to mark mails or select several with only the screen. Copy paste is slow and doesn't work on some places(settings). Doesn't recognize urls sometimes. There's no document previews. In general... a disaster.
-sometimes there's lag in the UI. And some taps aren't recognized (you have to tap several times a same spot) or the windows touch home button too.
-the accelerometer is slow. Turn, wait, turn wait... >_>
-the touch cover needs a stable flat surface or you get wonky input (e.g. a tablecloth already rains down on your party).

Now the awesome.
-You can access your files of your main computer from the network!(stream, open, copy, delete, modify) So there's zero need for "synching" and I guess you can add even network printers (haven't tested yet)
-usb works with anything
-simultaneous multitasking is cool
-office is awesome but it takes time to use with touchscreen because of the many features.

So, I'm ok with it ... the main pains are basically software based, so it can be resolved and apparently Microsoft is seriously hot on getting these details polished. Hardware is good but if Microsoft gets out a surface with iPad format, I'm selling this as fast as a hot potato because this format is "acceptable" but not really something you would like to get out in the open or in a bus and mostly because I like more portrait mode.

Last edited by darknessangel; 12-09-2012 at 01:59 PM.
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote