View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #103
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Anything working to block updates on 5.4.2.1 for PW2?

Has anyone tested this hack on 5.4.2 or 5.4.2.1? I just had an auto-update from Amazon on my PW2 to 5.4.2.1 and, fortunately, although all my hacks were wiped out (e.g., screensaver, fonts and KUAL), the jailbreak survived and the hacks all came back just through re-installation of KUAL prerequisites, python, screensaver and font hacks (I didn't have to reinstall my custom fonts or KUAL itself, though).

But I'd rather not go through that again -- or risk that Amazon's next update kills the jailbreak.

I'm scared to test this BackDoorLock file, but may go ahead if no one else has tried it on the newest software. But, if I do, how can I test that it is actually working? Or is there a better hack that my searches have missed?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote