View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #29
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
My intention in starting this thread was to compare the front-lighting technology. You have said very little about that. How do the two forms of front-lighting compare between these two models?

I would say that the Kobo Glo has a slightly (and I mean VERY slightly) overall lighted coverage. For me - using my two units - this difference is almost nothing. Both units are excellent in delivering an extremely satisfying light.

The Kobo Glo puts out a brighter light, but is (for me) quite manageable and is not a problem whatsoever.

The Kindle paperwhite has (for me) a more satisfying 'cooler' color, and it is this ebook reader that I spend about 85% of my time with.

To conclude: I prefer the light over the Kindle.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote