View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #368
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
The Quick & Easy Pioneers' Cookbook [Kindle Edition]
R. Steven Thompson (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Easy-Pio...154606011_f_92

Quote:
Hi, I’m Steven Thompson. I’ve worked hard the past several years to do my best to get back to my roots. That’s a great part of how I came to compile the recipes for The Quick & Easy Pioneers’ Cookbook. Our pioneer ancestors, by-in-large, were hardy folks with their share of trials and hardships. But, one thing I’m sure they valued in the good times and bad were the simple joys of family, and great food. What I discovered as my wife, Donna, cooked up some meals was how simple-but-scrumptious the dishes and desserts were that came out of those recipes. My favorite by far has been the Chicken & Dumplings. Recipes range from those delicious dumplings to Gravel Bed Chop Suey to Pioneer Horehound Candy to Yummy Cinnamon Pecans.

I tried to capture the spirit of the pioneers who perfected these recipes by maintaining some of their terminology and verbiage. I hope you enjoy the quaint style and language of our pioneer past. It would do my heart good if you have as much fun with this cookbook as I had putting it together.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote