View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #15
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I keep telling myself I need a new PC but never do anything about it. I own a Gateway DX4710 from 2008. It's been a lemon for me. I've replaced about everything but the motherboard and CPU and I've gone through three hard drives since I got it. Last thing I had to do was remove the graphics card I put it in because it was drawing too power all of sudden. I suspect the Motherboard has a short in it but I just can't justify getting a new PC when this one works and does what I need it to do.
People who upgrade tend to ignore the power supply. Most machines not intended for gamers provide just enough power to drive the purchased hardware. Plug a couple usb disks and a lava lamp in and the power supply is over extended. Add some RAM, upgrade the CPU, plug in a joystick, or upgrade the disk and you are straining the power supply. Perpetual brownouts will ruin your disks and system board.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote