View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #126
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Star ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Here's the ratio of five star to one star Kindle eInk reviews -- data mostly collected yesterday:

Original Kindle - 8.27
Kindle 2nd Generation - 8.33
Kindle Keyboard - 14.5
Kindle (basic model) - 8.7
Kindle Touch - 5.1
Paperwhite - 4.0

Kindle Fire ratios are generally lower, but I don't think that's comparable because people are using tablets for different purposes.
When new hardware and new software are introduced, there are lots of problems. It takes at least 6 months before the problems are ironed out. When I received my Kindle Keyboard WiFi 3rd Gen, it shorted out for THREE MONTHS. I even had it replaced in one week and the replacement had the same problem. It wasn't until 3 months later that it was discovered that the unlighted cover was shorting the unit. Once I sent that back for a refund and purchased a soft cover, the problem was resolved.

Thus, the PW and KFHD7-32 actually have low ratings NOW. Dividing the 5 star ratings by the one star ratings the PW has a rating of 4.02, the KFHD7 has a rating of 3.80 all compared to the KK NOW at 14.48.

Early adopters always will have this problem. If one wants to avoid these problems, always wait 6 months after hardware or software is introduced to buy it. Most high rated products have been out for at least 6 months.

However, some of us simply cannot wait and will be the real mass beta testers for the product.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote