Thread: Accessories Best value for a Kindle sleeve
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daroga View Post
I appreciate the thoughts on case vs. sleeve. Perhaps sleeve isn't exactly communicating what I want to do. I want something that will, in fact, protect the device, but on which the device is easily removed to actually do reading from. A thin piece of fabric wrapped around the Kindle obviously isn't going to do much, but I'm not sure a case where the Kindle is attached inside is necessarily the be-all, end-all solution.

A nicely padded, zippered pouch (to ensure pressure protection as well as not flying out of the sleeve if moved suddenly) seems to be the best of both worlds for what I'm looking for.
Seriously, what good is a case if you are only going to remove the case when reading? You don't ever want to drop a naked eink device as you have a greater risk of screen damage. So really, get a case and get used to it. It's the best protection you will have. Yes, a sleeve that fits the device (with a case) is a good thing for greater protection when traveling. But to just get a sleeve and not a case is bad and to remove the device from the case to read is just as bad. A case may not be prefect, but it's the least intrusive solution there is now. Also, I find a case can actually help make the device easier to hold.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote