View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #21
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledelectron View Post
Since my last post, I've looked over the major online book sellers. I see that PC, Mac, iPad, BlackBerry, and Android are all fairly standard. I totally missed this in the last few months. NOW IF ONLY THE BIG TEXTBOOK PUBLISHERS WOULD GO THAT WAY!
[...]
Yes, you are right, but we are not there yet. I do see that we may get a group of standard executable platforms BEFORE we get a standard file format.
I think once reasonably large screens are commonplace for readers that PDF will become a more viable format for textbooks. I've downloaded a couple of O'Reilly eBooks, they supply them in ePub or PDF, and the PDF provides a superior layout.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote