View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #73
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcG View Post
@ DrDln
'Interesting. You look for quantity rather than quality in a book.'
I read any book I've bought at least three times before I give it away. But there are exceptions from this rule. Some novels I've read five and more times and they are still on the shelf, waiting for another reading. ....
@David Marseilles
'I don't think it's quantity instead of quality, but rather quantity first, and then sort for quality among those longer titles.'....
My choice of words was not quite the way I wanted to convey. And I do respect your choice.

I think I understand that you look at quality first, and then it is better to have more pages than fewer. Or pick up books with more pages and then select the good one or quality.

Now, for example, if you have two books to pick up from. One have fewer pages but better quality; and the other have more pages but less quality...Here one has to sacrifice quality for quantity, IMHO. That's what was on my mind when I posted.

It appears that selection criteria for fiction and nonfiction varies. Thanks and happy reading.
DrDln is offline   Reply With Quote