View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #61
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I'm an avid reader, and this has been a very interesting thread. For paper books, I always browsed by spine (I am a library girl, and the books are always spine out). Title and spine design would get me to grab the book. Then I'd look at the cover, read the blurb, and decide if it goes back on the shelf or into my basket.

With ebooks, I pay a bit less attention to covers and more attention to the blurb. I only really notice the cover if I think it's a mismatch for the actual content of the book, or if it's particularly striking. I actually pay more attention to the cover *after* I've read the book, because then sometimes the cover makes more sense.

So the cover seems less important to me, but the blurb is even more important to me for ebooks. Blurbs that are boring or contain errors can really turn me off. I've been disappointed by an exciting blurb that introduced a rather mediocre story, but (from the author's point of view) at least the blurb got me to read the story.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote