Thread: Piracy Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #11
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by WritePR View Post
As I stated I am not asking for the thread to be closed or deleted. However as a new member I'm sorry but it's left a very bad taste in my mouth. The blatant disrespect and utter contempt so many of the posters in that thread have for writers and other creative types is disturbing. I simply wanted to share my opinion.
On mobileread generally I see some contempt and disrespect towards large traditional publishers, but very little towards writers and other creative types, with the exception of a very few authors who apparently equate public libraries with pirates and theft.

Piracy is a fact of life, and is not going away soon if ever. It is legitimate and even useful for it to be discussed. And on a site like this you will come across a diverse range of opinions, some of which may leave a sour taste in your mouth. If this is too upsetting for you perhaps you can utilise the functions of the software to avoid particular persons and topics, or maybe even this is not the site for you. Otherwise, welcome to Mobileread and I look forward to your future contributions.