View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detour View Post
NatCh, I spent some of my growing up years in Houston - the libraries we're terrible back then, too. Sorry to hear that hasn't changed.
Oh, it's changed, all right, Detour, it used to be better growing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
But the bad thing is that you can get the same eBooks (and more) from illegal sources easier. As long as it's easier and less painful to get eBooks illegally, the legal sources won't take off.
I think we disagree in degree on this point, rlauzon. What I mean is that legal e-books do seem to be scraping themselves up off the pavement, but it's certainly not an impressive or meteoric rise or anything. They're "taking off" -- it's just that they're moving more like the tortoise than the hare (hopefully the tortoise will eventually win this one).

I do agree that the difficulties accessing legal e-books (particularly compared to the other variety) is a significant obstacle to their progress.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote