View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:43 AM   #8
Detour
Lurker
Detour has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS 500/505 (blue) / iPhone / Kindle (gave away)
I confess, I use it mostly for the audiobooks. I listen to them almost constantly while I'm working, and that is usually 10 hours a day 6 days a week, so I go through a lot of audiobooks. Being able to get them from the library saves me a small fortune, which in turn makes my other half very happy as well.

I've heard great things about Ohio's library system over the years. Unfortunately I don't have any family there like I do in NY so I don't know if I can get a card. I'm going to check into that. They probably have a program like NY where you can pay for an out of area card? I'll certainly check that tomorrow when I get time.

NatCh, I spent some of my growing up years in Houston - the libraries we're terrible back then, too. Sorry to hear that hasn't changed.

Has anyone tried getting OverDrive's audiobooks to work on the Sony Reader? I keep meaning to check that but have put it off over worries about battery life. Besides, I like my mp3 players to fit in my jeans pockets.

One thing I love about digital library books is that I don't have to worry about returning them. They expire and 'return' themsleves. I'm terrible about returning books, I get attached to them and want to take care of them forever.

Last edited by Detour; 07-06-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Detour is offline   Reply With Quote