View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 04:29 AM   #41
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by norim View Post
hi.

I de-DRMed my Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary and put it into my Kindle.
It seems to work well, but I can't use it as default look-up dictionary. I can't find this dictionary when I try to set up primary dictionary in setting section.

But after I restarted Kindle, I found OALD as a candidate of primary dictionary.
Maybe it needs restart.

does this help anyone ?
Advanced Learner's worked fine for me without restart - but after trying it out I regretted buying it. It doesn't have quite as many words as the dictionary that comes with the Kindle. Most of the words I wanted to look up weren't recognised, so I switched back. This is an instance where I wish I could re-sell an e-book
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote