View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #82
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
These days I need a considerable amount of ambient light no matter what I'm reading on, and having briefly tried a PW, its benefits aren't of much use to me. Yes, the screen does look different regardless of the room lighting, but I didn't feel like it was a step down to go back to my T1. I do sometimes use an eluminator booklight with my T1, but I have to have it at just the right angle so that it lights more than just the screen, and I usually still need another light on in the room. Otherwise I get "headlight vision", which is what happened with the PW in a dim room. What can I say - I have weird eyes that get weirder as I get older. I can't drive at night unless the area is well-lit by streetlights. A camera flash blinds me for longer than is sensible.

If I had to replace my T1 right now, I'd probably get a T2. If Sony added a front lit model and there was no non-front-lit option, I'd consider it, but only if I can turn the light completely off. Otherwise, it would bug the crap out of me that I can't turn off something I'm not using.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote