View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #79
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
I would absolutely not buy a non front-lit reader.
I bought mine to use the light feature in bed, at night, so I don't disturb my wife but I now use the light a lot more and in more places than I thought (though I have to admit I never used it at the cinema yet, thanks for the idea Harry).

However, when I read in clear daylight or sunlight (admittedly this is a rare thing where I live) or when there is sufficient artificial lighting on I turn the e-reader's light off (I have a Kobo Glo which can have its light turned off) as I don't mind the "normal" e-Ink reading experience.

The front-lit feature for a reader is now just a "normal", expected feature as far as I'm concerned and I think that future readers will have it as standard or else they'll not sell in big numbers.
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote