View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #59
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
The content that can be created with this software can only be used with iOS devices and may only be sold via Apple. Publishers and educational institutions would be insane to sign up for such a scheme, shoveling revenue towards Apple for no identifiable reason. Any public school or university signing up for this should get a visit from the public accounting office asap.
For no identifiable reason? What about the fact that it is an easy way to e-books in the hands of students...and there are no other alternatives?

I mean, I'm a little skeptical that technology will help much with education - but getting righteously indignant over this program when no one else has done anything like it seems misplaced.

Would students be better off if Apple did nothing? I don't think so.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote