View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #50
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab78727 View Post
I presume you all have also read this little nugget (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/20/apple_ibooks/), which talks about an interesting wrinkle in the EULA if you use iBooks Author.
Now please don't think I'm Mr Smarty Pants but if you were expecting me to be shocked that by using Apple's free software I have to sell the product through Apple exclusively. If so you are mistaken. Apple did this with apps and magazine and any other subscription thingy that they could control in iTunes.

The program only works on a Mac and designed to be read on only Apple products using iBooks 2. Why would I think otherwise.
At present you can't publish on iBooks without a Macintosh. So for publishers selling through iBooks already it's a winner because it should reduce production time and provide enhanced features for the target audience I am already aiming at.

For Amazon, B&N, Sony, Google and Nook it business as usual. ePubs and Mobis.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote