View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #49
BillJones
BillJones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
http://www.macrumors.com/2012/01/19/...d-media-event/

I've been watching the rumors about this and with today's announcement I'm itching to play with the new iBooks Author application. I want to create a set of ebooks that are heavy on pictures and navigation and this looks like just what I've been dreaming about.

But, I'm a complete n00b to this authoring business. I downloaded Sigil a couple weeks ago and played with it some. I also played with Apple's Pages which exports to epub. Both left a lot to be desired for what I want.

So... Opinions? I'd love to hear what people who have actually created ebooks have to say.
I've been a college teacher for 7 years, and an Apple fan for 25 years. I like Apple's idea for their Ipad, but all the bells and whistles sound like it will be very expensive to have their style of book built. Making videos, finding pictures, creating or locating web links, sounds like a lot of work. I can't see many college teachers wanting to create that kind of book themselves. I'm not sure how Apple can keep the price of the books down to what they are hoping for.
BillJones is offline   Reply With Quote