View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #42
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Well, it's okay, but nothing special. It's like the city I grew up near - the industry has gone, but 10-15 years later than where I came from, and it is still regenerating and deciding what it wants to be. Frighteningly high unemployment, though, and it shows in some areas. We've got a year's lease on the house, but since I have absolutely no intentions of moving in December again, it will be longer than that (landlord willing, of course - oh, and depending on if any exciting jobs come along!)
Moving in December would be a mistake here as well. But for the opposite reason: far to hot to do al that work.
Quote:
As I said to David above, I've had a lot of gadgets in the last six months - new Galaxy Note, new Galaxy Camera - so I'm not likely to get another one soon, at least until we decide on suitable cars for the area - we've had enough snow to make it a bit tricky a couple of times, but nothing as bad as southern England and northern Europe (has it been bad in the Netherlands?)
If she really loved you she'd let you have all the gadgets you wanted
Quote:
Aha! I didn't know 2.4.0 was out - applying the principle that it was working for its primary function, and I didn't want to have to mess with new firmware that has a new set of bugs - or are they "features"? I'll trundle off and plug the KT into a usb socket and let the desktop do its stuff.
Personally, I think 2.4.0 is better than 2.3.1. The only bug that I am finding annoying is the reader will go to sleep about 60 seconds after being woken if you don't touch the screen. After that it uses the correct timeout value.
Quote:

Are there any other interesting threads at the moment?
Interesting threads? Well, we have found out a lot about Mrs_Often in the last few days in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206200. Among other things, she's is a Tiny Tim fan.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote