Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #68
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
It is not necessary (and not tested) to disable davidfor's plugin with mine installed. Calibre properly detects that my plugin takes precedence. You do have to go into the plugin configuration and make sure to set the options appropriately though. The default set, although quite safe, doesn't do much at all. I'm not sure if it actually matters, but my preference would be to leave the existing driver enabled even with my plugin installed.
It is safe to disable the built-in driver. And it is probably safer if you do disable it. I developed the current driver in a similar manner to you; user plugin subclassed from the existing diver. Calibre gets it right most of the time, but I had a few reports from testers that that it used the old driver. In all cases, restarting calibre fixed it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote