View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #23039
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Woke up this mornin' feelin' fine
There's somethin' special on my mind
Last night I met a new girl in the neighbourhood, whoa yeah
Somethin' tells me I'm into something good
(Somethin' tells me I'm into somethin')

She's the kind of girl who's not too shy
And I can tell I'm her kind of guy
She danced close to me like I hoped she would
(she danced with me like I hoped she would)
Somethin' tells me I'm into something good

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGJMZgSFsck )

Good morning, everyone! We survived the Ides of January! Yippee! I'm celebrating with a cup of Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea, a bowl of rice with a few Kalamata olives, tofu instead of Feta, and some Prosciutto. Still keeping under 300 calories... Looks as if it's going to be another good day in the neighborhood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Wow, Stitchawl, please post a picture of your leather cover as you are working and when done. My brother does leather work, but mostly belts, saddle bags, etc.. and likes the stamping tools the best. He loves to pound on them....great stress relief.
I like the stamping and modeling too. It's fun to see the designs emerge from the surface of the leather. But most of all I love to do the braiding. I don't know why... The attachment is a left-handed skiving knife I made for myself, and the cover for it. It's hard to find left-handed leather working tools, so I tend to make them myself. Fun to make, but the leather braiding was the best part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I love the look and feel of the Dragon covers, and I bought one for my Paperwhite. But it doesn't activate the on/off switch that the standard cover does, making it a pain. So I don't use it.
(
If the Paperwhite's activation switch functions the same way as the Kobo's, it's EASY to fix that problem. All you need is a thin magnet and some tape (or thin leather) the same color as your cover. The most powerful magnets can be found inside old dead hard drives, above and below the base of the read/write arm. Only 2mm thick and VERY, VERY strong! On the Kobo, the activation 'point' is just under the screen on the lower left side. The magnet inside the cover of the Sleep case is embedded into the case, but you can use the thin magnet taped to the inside of your case. Just locate the correct position under the screen, and tape the magnet to your case in the proper place. If you can't get a hard drive magnet, Radio Shack sells good ones too, just not as strong. The real key is to use a thin one... Duct tape will cover the magnet, holding it in place. Just be sure to activate the correct setting to use the sleep/wake feature. Open the case, wake up the device. Close the case, put it to sleep. No problem.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skiver2a.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	99461  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote