View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 11:10 PM   #21
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Two years ago I placed a number of books that my mother had compulsively collected into the recycling bin. The workers refused to take them.

I tried several approaches--all requiring a week's worth of waiting--such putting a label to the effect "please recycle these" to drastically limiting the number of books in the bin, thinking it could be a weight-laziness issue.

None of the books were even taken from the nice green bin.
When I filled a plastic garbage can chuck full of books, they were eaten by the big smelly truck no problem.

Such is my personal experience with recycling books.
Burning them...unless you have a place for a bonfire, it is quite a challenge.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote