View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Free Sci-Fi Short Story: We Don't Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore

EDIT: Please visit the Author Promotion forum for exciting details about having your personal copy esigned and numbered.

Just a quick note to publicly acknowledge a bunch of folks who have already taken a look. The best thanks a writer can have is to have happy readers, so you guys are the best!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

If you have not already done so, please check out my science fiction debut short story, “We Don’t Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore” which is available as a free download via Smashwords.

You can get a copy in your choice of Mobi, ePub, PDF and/or LRF by following this link, or by clicking one of the images below. The cover photo will take you to the book page, whereas clicking on my ugly mug will bring you straight to my profile, where you will be able to see other new stories as they are added (you should see new additions on a semi-regular basis... so feel free to bookmark/share the link if you like them!):

Quote:

Ebook Description

"If I were editing a magazine I would be seriously considering buying this story for publication—but I'm not, so I can't. Sorry."

— Bruce Bethke, author of "Cyberpunk" and Headcrash

. . .

Stan wanted a flying car. No, that wasn't quite accurate... Stan wanted a nice flying car, and the quantities of bliss that purchase would bring. Stan desired bliss.

Fortunately, Bliss also desired Stan.
Quote:

Biography:

Over the course of three and a half decades, M. David Blake has been a Revolutionary War reenactor, a ditch digger, a troubleshooter, a gallery artist, a woodturner and a poet. He has run soundboards for live performances, done lost-wax casting, scooped ice-cream while serving as a barista, crash-tested software used by a significant portion of the entertainment industry and reassembled the shattered skull of a murder victim. He was asked to leave one college, graduated from two others, and in the process utterly flunked a course dedicated to the study of science fiction.

Blake currently lives in Hillsborough, North Carolina, with his wife, their daughter, one geriatric cat, and several thousand books.
Any reviews would be appreciated. Thank you!

To be informed of new stories via Facebook, click here!

Last edited by dreams; 07-09-2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: add EDIT info