View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Time Traders was an interesting story. It was hard to place "when" it occurred. But apparently the cold war is still going on.

I do agree that Ross quickly decided to be a team player.

The comments here about stuff just being paralleled some of my thoughts. A little back story would have helped. Where did they get the time travel stuff. How did they know the reds had it. What has changed. How do you know if the future has been changed. I'm not sure if any of this back story is provided in later stories.

Also, I don't think the book condoned striping the ship. Remember it was the reds doing this dirty deed.

I am not a fan of people being so badly damaged, tired, uncomfortable for so long and still being able to win fights and such.

I also don't think the reds would have just dumped Ross in a hole to die. They would probably shoot him in the head.

The story didn't seem organized to me. It seemed to jump around quite a bit. There was also alot of supposition without any basis. Where the aliens tracking Ross using the suit or was it his paranoia? We the aliens in Ross's head or was he just going batty?

I do not plan to read more in this series.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote