View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #857
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
COPS 1.0.0RC1

COPS 1.0.0RC1 is out with bug fixes and some new features (First post to download) :

* Updated English, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch translation files. Huge thanks all to the translators.
* Added Swedish translation. Thanks to Bo Rosén.
* Added Czech translation. Thanks to Zdenek Hadrava.
* Added a lot of refactoring to simplify the code.
* Added a lot of new unit tests.
* Fixed a caching bug causing problems with IE.
* Added an embedded Epub Reader based on Monocle. Thanks to all the beta testers.
* Cleaned up a lot of stuff to prepare for bootstrap template. Note to all CSS hackers, the stylesheets are now in templates/default/styles.
* Fixed the charset of most of the pages. Thanks to edent.
* Added a new category : ratings. Thanks to Michael.
* Fixed the URL rewriting in the OPDS stream, should fix file naming with FBReader. Reported by Rassie.
* Fixed a confusion between author's name and author's sort. Reported by At_Libitum.
* Fixed the style of the tag filters to show that they're clickable. Thanks to cycojesus.
* Replaced | by space in author name.

The road to 1.0.0 is long and this is one of the last steps.

The most important feature is the Epub reader I had to built from scratch using Monocle. To use it go to the detail of a book and click on the little eye icon. It was tested for some time (september 2013 IIRC) by me and some beta testers but please report your findings here.

To ease the debugging please check if your Epub is valid (http://validator.idpf.org/) before reporting here.

There is also a new "Rating" category that was contributed by Michael. Thanks a lot to him.

I've also continued the code refactoring, unit testing that I started last year. I've also started integrating a bootstrap template, it still need a lot of work but it should be the highlight of RC2.

As always, thanks a lot to all the contributors, translators and the beta testers. An updated Catalan translation is really needed, the other languages are mostly ok.

I talked about setting up a donation link with 0.9.0 release, It's now done. As stated in my webpage, my goal is to buy a Kindle Paperwhite to fix the html rendering.

I'll update the Synology package next week.

As usual the download link is in the first post.

Happy testing.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote