View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #26
ayram88
ayram88 shines like a glazed doughnut.ayram88 shines like a glazed doughnut.ayram88 shines like a glazed doughnut.ayram88 shines like a glazed doughnut.ayram88 shines like a glazed doughnut.ayram88 shines like a glazed doughnut.ayram88 shines like a glazed doughnut.ayram88 shines like a glazed doughnut.ayram88 shines like a glazed doughnut.ayram88 shines like a glazed doughnut.ayram88 shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
Didn't sideload the update here, bricked on the reboot screen. Even if it were a problem of hardware revisions, surely their update mechanism would do a device side check?. Then again, since they did seem to break the filesystems and it seems, modify the factory/recovery partition, I'm not so certain their updating practices are all that good :/
If you're really claiming that the same freeze on the restart screen took place while updating in the "right" way, then the implications are huge.

They should revise the whole updating system, and all the related stuff.

I also thought of opening it and chance the sd, but your experience suggests me that the only thing left to do is to replace the Kobo or send it to the customer care or something.