View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by css451 View Post
I would like to know if anyone has relevant data concerning what kind of instrumentation Amazon implemented on their devices to monitor reading habits of users, content installed, features usages...

I've seen that it got jailbroken and some have root console access. Has anyone tried to decompile executables and see how the actual software running is made?

Has anyone monitored what information is transmitted over the Wifi between your kindle and Amazon servers? Is it all encrypted?

From the persons who manage to get root access to their paperwhite, have you done dumps of the OS that you are willing to share? I have to wait a long time before mine will be delivered...

Thanks for any information
css451
Actually, somebody here has done this. I remember reading the results a couple of years ago. I can't be positive, but I believe it was a regular poster who is still here so may comment on this. Trying searching some different terms for the original thread.

Personally, I couldn't care less who knows what about me, but I know it matters to some.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote