View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #14518
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Yes, Parker consistently produced a predictable product of acceptable to good quality. I actually enjoyed all three of his series, though I confess to getting a bit tired of the same basic relationship issues in all three. But then, one has only to look at his personal life to know where all that came from.

I haven't been all that pleased with Flowers as a replacement, but I'll likely give it a bit more of a chance.
Parker's reparte in both the Spenser books and the Jesse Stone novels reminds me very much of the old TV show, "I Spy," between Robert Culp and Bill Cosby.

I didn't care much for Sunny Randall. But I do like Virgil Flowers' first few books very much. Just this last one didn't quite measure up. Good, but not great.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote