View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #93
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
R.P.

If your point is that in some time before Christmas Asus will come out with a tablet that does more but costs more. You're right (though it will not be called what you think it will--as the Nexus used that name when it went through the FCC) . Every tech company in the world has plans for the future that include better products. Every person who buys technology makes a decision, when they plunk down their dollars, that the device they are buying meets their needs, at the price they are willing to pay at the time.

I can almost guarantee if you buy an Asus Tablet in November, there will be something better on the market in the spring.

I bought the Vox because it seemed like a good deal at the time and I was willing (and able) to pay the price. Who knows, at some point I may buy some future Vox. At some point, I may drop out of the tablet market because my needs truly have not changed since my last purchase, and I am content with what I own. That has happened to me in terms of a desktop and a cell phone already. My Nexus S phone meets all of my needs (and is getting jellybean later in the month). I see no need to replace my desktop unless it breaks and the cost of repairs can't be justified.
------------------------------------------------

This latest Vox update (Play Store, etc) has really thrown life into the Vox. I'd say that now (even with the performance-limiting single core 800 Mhz proc. in play) it really is a quite nice back-lit eReader--- with a usable 'side order' of tablet.

About the MeMo370T Taming,...I wasn't really focusing on the fact that Asus will market 'their' version of a 7 inch format under the same model number, but that they will release to market before the holidays 'a' version of the 7 inch format, and not ghost-branded as the Nexus 7 is. Please don't get me wrong within the flavor of my posts regarding the Nexus 7. For the money, it is a great tablet, but having said that, I, like many other persons around the world wanted all the features that Asus had 'disclosed' regarding the MeMo 370T as a total solution in a 7 inch design. I would have gladly paid another fifty dollars for the original spec's. Thousands (as per the Net disgrunters...) others would have as well. $249.00 USF would have been the incredible price point for the original, and Asus knows they did not harvest such as myself in the sub-supply through Google. So, it is my personal opinion that Asus will release to market post-Google, their own '7 inch net' to catch the rest of the fish that are hanging around waiting for the right bait to be dropped. Yes, of course I could be totally wrong, as I do not work for Asus, and am not releasing clandestine information. Having been in the business for many years, there are strong market indicators that a release under their house branding with upgraded features will happen, and a couple of months before the holidays. I am willing to wait on the matter as the Vox is now a doable tablet experience for the interim, as to what it was upon release. The Vox Team should give themselves a slap on the back.

Edit: There have been STRONG rumors that Apple is also wishing to harvest the 7 inch crowd. Some industry 'back-door note slip'ers' (smile) suggest around September/October of this year. Asus also knows this...and is fishing in the same ocean..... Life is good. Oh yes....

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 07-05-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: added content
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote