Thread: Seriousness Home media system
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Thanks for the replies.

From what your saying then I really don't need a media "server" to access the storage device, I just need the storage device and the proper devices (blu-ray player, stereo etc) that can access it.

I was already leaning towards a RAID NAS, although 4TB might be a bit much at this point, but it is cheaper now so what the heck
The server is the box that stores your media - the NAS box, PC, or whatever.

You also need some kind of device to play the media. This is what reads it from the server. This will typically be a set-top box that connects to your network, and has an HDMI output to your TV.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote