View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 11:35 PM   #20
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
I've been following this discussion, although I cannot say I've understood everything. But I noticed something and thought I would draw your attention to it:

Maybe Book Bazaar does not support some or all symbols from being used in a filename?

Like I said, something that jumped out at me. It's a wild guess and I could be completely wrong.
Definitely possible. There is an exclamation mark in the filename (come to think of it, I thought this always happens with MOBI-to-EPUB).

But I can't imagine that this is the first time anyone has tried to convert a MOBI and use it in this app, so it's confusing. Especially if other MOBIs work.

@perry59,

Try using the Edit Book feature in calibre (shortcut key is "T") to open the book and in editor's File Browser, select all HTML files, right-click and bulk rename them to something more sensible. It will handle all relinking. Save the book and try it in Book Bazaar.

If it works, you have a solution, albeit one that requires additional manual work for each book. And report the error to the app developer(s).

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-06-2014 at 11:38 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote