View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #586
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Cheers cRussel and Synamom....will try Cocaine blues...not a series person in general but this may be my savior for my 100 book quest this year... I just listened to Slouching toward Bethlehem and The White Album by Joan Didion... good Journalism from the 60's and 70's on Audible..the former is read by Diane Keyton and the latter by Susan Varon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Agreed. I listened to Cocaine Blues last month and enjoyed it, Phryne is a fascinating character who tackles problems head on and the narrator's voice seemed a good match for the character.

After that I needed something mindless to listen to while I packed and moved, Dresden Files fit the bill so I listened to books 8 through 10 during two weeks of torture (moving).

I just finished The Cold, Cold Ground by Adrian Mckinty. It was set during 'The Troubles' in early 80s Belfast, a blast from the past and a really well done police procedural.

Before all that I listened to The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Wonderfully done story about teens living with cancer.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote