View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #127
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Original post earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmurph View Post
I own the cover mentioned in the OP. I purchased it from the same eBay seller, and it arrived in just 10 days.

I love it! Like everyone else, I wanted the official Amazon cover, but didn't want to pay $40 for it. Also the official one is much heavier this year, which turned me off. So I was thrilled to find this alternative.

The fit is absolutly perfect and the quality is very good. I also own an Amazon brand cover for the K4, and this one is almost identical. Obviously the "leather" is not *as* good quality as the Amazon one, but for $12...really...what more could you ask for. I'm not sure what "PU leather" is, but it looks and feels close enough to the real thing. If having genuine leather was important enough to me, I would've just bought the $40 Amazon one

Another nice thing about this one, is that no matter which color you buy, the border of the molded part is BLACK. I like that because the Paperwhite is black, so the cover's border just disappears around it, unlike the Amazon one which is the same color as the lid. Personally, I would find that distracting.

There is one thing I should warn you about. The edges of the molded plastic/vinyl(?) part is rigid rather than rubbery. So it doesn't flex like the Amazon one. So once the Kindle is snapped in...that's it. You're not getting that sucker back out. If you have no intention of remove it, then it's not even an issue. But if you're OCD like me...or if you buy more than one color and intend to switch them out now and then, then it's a problem.

It took me over 20 minutes to get mine out. LoL, I actually started to cry at one point. However, I came up with a great solution. Once I got the Kindle out, I took an exacto blade and shaved down the "lip" on the inside of ONE corner (the lower left)...of the cover, that is. Now that corner pops off easily. As long as one corner comes off, the rest will come off with no problem. It's just getting that first corner off that's the key.

If you're going to do that, I suggest one of the bottom corners because there's less edge coverage on the bottom, and therefore more kindle to grasp when pulling out.

Bottom line, I'm extremely happy with its build quality and the look and feel, especially for the price. I like it so much, I ordered another one last night, so I could have a colored one too. (my first one is black)

PS: oh and yes, it does have the magnetic sleep/wake function :-)
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote