View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
How do I uninstall calibre including all preferences, database, etc?

Something strange happened and my entire calibre library, including images, database, all book formats, and even the opf files got corrupt. Every single file is 0 bytes. And, unfortunately, I ran my backup after this happend. Therefore, I have to start over from scratch. Repurchase/reacquire the books, reformat them, fix my metadata, re-edit, etc.

So, I'm wondering if there is a way to delete calibre including all preferences, so that I can reinstall it clean and everything.

I am using:

Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit)
Calibre 8.14

Also, do you have any idea why this might have happened? I swear that this morning everything was fine. The only thing that I can think of is that my backup software might have done this (Unison), but I have never had trouble with this software before and I have been using it for years.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote