View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
cjottawa
Tempus fugit.
cjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Keyboard
O'Reilly Media publishes DRM-free ebooks. Their slant is toward technical resources such as user guides and technical manuals but they have an interesting mix of other, timely non-fiction.

A few "wow" points: you can download any other format of their ebooks once you've "bought" your copy and future updates/editions are free. O'Reilly seems to "get it" - they're licencing the CONTENT not the container.

I highly recommend one of their books titled "Open-Government - Collaboration, Transparency, and Participation in Practice" which has multiple authors and should be right up the alley of a lot of folks here.

They even have a "Kindle Mini Missing Manual" which I bought and am quite pleased with.

Check for coupon codes. The above two books I mentioned, with their online coupon, came to less than Amazon charges.
cjottawa is offline   Reply With Quote